TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
Are you interested in taking a crash course in homesteading? Want to get hands-on experience and valuable information that you can’t find anywhere online?
Join us April 29th & 30th, 2022 at Rory Feek’s Hardison Mill Homestead in Columbia, TN for an intensive weekend of workshops, in-depth lectures, and a homesteading community experience like no other.
Looking for a place to stay during the conference? Check out our Lodging & Travel Page for hospitality in the Columbia area!
Only 425 Seats Available the Entire Weekend!
Must Buy a Ticket Online!
$350 – BASIC Ticket
Only 325 spots available!
> > $450 – VIP Ticket < <
Only 100 spots available!
(includes dinner and a seat at the private round-table discussion with workshop teachers)
$135 Kids Ticket
Only 50 spots available!
Limited to Ages 5 to 10
Children over the age of 10 will require an adult ticket.
VIP TICKET HOLDERS GET ACCESS TO A ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION WITH 100 OTHER STUDENTS DURING THE EVENT. THIS IS A GREAT TIME TO GET IN-DEPTH Q&A WITH SPEAKERS, BOUNCE IDEAS OFF OTHER ATTENDEES, AND MORE!
Here’s what you can expect at the event:
- 1 to 2-hour intensive workshops, demonstrations, and lectures
- Access to teachers for Q&A time during their lecture
- Hands-on demonstrations, where you get to learn visually by DOING, not just seeing
- Dinner included on Saturday night for VIP Ticketholders
- An amazing time of fellowship and community with like-minded individuals from all walks of life!
…..and so much more!
We are so excited about this intimate and community experience with teachers and students. While our annual big event is amazing, this smaller event will allow you to learn in-depth, intentionally, and efficiently, as you won’t have to compete with thousands of other questions or attendees.
A full schedule is coming soon, but below are some classes we already have scheduled. Most of these workshops will be in 1 to 2-hour intensive learning time blocks. They will either be lecture style, with intensive PowerPoint presentations and Q&A time, or they will be intensive lectures with demonstrations that you get to be involved in!
Each attendee gets to pick and choose which classes they want to take. You don’t have to sign up for a particular class!
KIDSTEADERS & THE ONE-ROOM-SCHOOLHOUSE
During the event, we will host 50 children who will learn, grow, and experience education like never before. Nestled on the Hardison Mill Homestead is a one-room-schoolhouse where children in the community attend school every week. You may have watched it live this year while schooling at home!
At the event, children will get to participate in the one-room-schoolhouse setting. They’ll learn how to be Kidsteaders! This is the perfect homeschool opportunity.
During the event, we’ll also talk about alternative education for children, including homeschooling, and even the one-room-schoolhouse set up during adult lectures.
- We are limiting the ages for the children who attend the Kidsteader classes tofrom ages 5-10. This helps us keep them involved and in an educational setting, and makes sure we aren’t chasing around littles all day!
- If you have a baby that can be kept with you on your lap throughout the day you are welcome to bring them but will need to make childcare arrangements for all other ages of children. Alternately, you are welcome to purchase your children an adult ticket and they can stay with you during the conference.
- Kid’s classes last all day but we do ask that you check on them and pick them up for lunch.
- Children may not attend Kidsteader classes without a signed waiver. Volunteers will have copies available to sign if you have not sent one in ahead of time.
- Parents or Guardian must sign children in and out every time the child is dropped off and picked up.
- Parents or Guardian must be available at all times their children are attending Kidsteader classes and able to pick their children up if an issue arises.
- Tickets are non-refundable and refunds will not be given for children who are unable to attend due to behavioral issues.
Scoop on Poop
Foraging with Dandelions
Here’s a peek at some of our teachers:
Check out the latest schedule for the Spring Tennessee Homestead Weekend! Dates & times are subject to change so be sure to check back before finalizing your plans.
*Scroll/swipe to the right to see all of the time slots. Programs will be available at the ticket booth.
Reserve Your Weekend Pass
HOA REFUND POLICY: No refunds on ticket sales.
Once the tickets are sold out, we will not be keeping a cancellation waitlist. If you have available tickets or would like to purchase available tickets, please post them in the Homesteaders of America Facebook Group.
Ticket does not include Homesteaders of America membership.
Didn’t get your ticket email? See the FAQ page for step-by-step instructions on how to access a PDF version.
Hardison Mill Homestead is about 45 mins south of Nashville, just 5 miles off I-65.
Hardison Mill Homestead
4765 HARDISON MILL ROAD
Columbia, Tennessee 38401
The closest airport is the Nashville International Airport.
There are lots of hotel options nearby. These are just a few:
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES: 1545 Halifax Dr, Columbia, TN 38401 | (931) 548-8444
- COMFORT INN: 1544 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 | (931) 388-2500
- SLEEP INN: 1605 Harley Davidson Blvd, Columbia, TN, 38401 | (931) 548-2900
- RED ROOF INN: 1548 Bear Creek Pike, Columbia, TN 38401 (931) 381-1410
- HAMPTON INN: 1551 Halifax Drive, Columbia, TN 38401 (931-540-1222)
- RV parking is available at Henry Horton State Park and other spots nearby (see below).
We do NOT have RV hookups at Hardison Mill farms or at Homestead Hall. Check out nearby places that offer this service.
- Campers RV Park: 1792 Bear Creek Pike Columbia, TN 38401 931-381-4112
- Henry Horton State Park – 4209 Nashville Hwy Chapel Hill, TN 37034 931-364-2222
- Rory’s family-owned cafe MARCY JO’S MEALHOUSE is only a mile away. Their hours are: Monday – Sunday: 7 am – 2 pm, Friday Nights: 5 pm – 8 pm
- If you visit downtown Columbia during your trip, be sure to visit MARCY JO’S MULETOWN at 105 E. 6th St. Columbia, TN 38401 — Open Mon-Sun: 7:00 am – 2 pm
- There’s also a Cracker Barrel and other restaurant options within a few miles at the Interstate exit.
Interested in becoming a volunteer at this event? We’re so thankful for your willingness to serve! Please be absolutely sure that you’ll be able to attend and then apply to become a volunteer HERE.
- Volunteers are required to work a complete half-day shift.
- Volunteers receive free admission to the entire event.
- Volunteers receive a complimentary staff t-shirt.
- Completion of the form is not a guarantee of placement.
- Please note that after you select a position we cannot accommodate changes to your assignment once the schedule is released if you decide you’d like to attend a particular session and apologize for the inconvenience!
- We cannot offer refunds on tickets if you are placed as a volunteer and have already purchased a ticket as insurance of attendance. You are welcome to re-sell your ticket, including posting its availablity in our Facebook Community.
We are currently accepting Vendor Applications for the 2022 Conference. Learn more about becoming a vendor and a link for the application HERE.
Partner with Homesteaders of America to sponsor the Learn How to Homestead in a Weekend event! View our Sponsorship Packet for more information.
Please note that in purchasing your ticket, you submit to the possibility of being recorded during the event. Also, Homesteaders of America LLC nor Hardison Mill Homestead are held liable for any health issues, injuries, or acts of God during the event.