Hi, My name is Doug, and my wife and I live on 11 acres in the Midwest. We have raised sheep for the last 11 years as our primary meat source.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to manage a flock for great meat production
- How many sheep you need to get started
- How many sheep can you have on a homestead
- Why you should consider sheep
We will also tackle some of the issues that arise when managing your sheep:
- Rotational grazing
- Parasite control naturally and meds
- Lambing gone bad
We will be covering all the ins and outs but I think the main BONUS is our time together. I will be answering your questions one on one.
The class is unlimited in seating but your participation is required. Bring your questions and the willingness to learn and I should be able to fill your cup, so to speak.
I look forward to helping you along in your journey to self-sufficiency.
General Workshop Details
Workshops happen RAIN OR SHINE!
Your teacher will be in touch with you a week or two before your workshop to let you know what you need to bring along with any other information you may need to know before the workshop.
THESE WORKSHOPS DO NOT TAKE PLACE DURING THE CONFERENCE!
They are pre-conference workshops that begin on Thursday, October 6th, the day BEFORE the conference. Classes begin a 9 AM. Lunch break will be at noon. You can pack a lunch or food will be available on the fairgrounds. Ending times are generally late afternoon but vary between classes, student participation, and Q&A time.
Please note that these workshops are separate from conference tickets. Conference tickets are sold out but you do not need a ticket to attend a workshop! You will NOT get a physical or digital ticket with your purchase. Attendee lists are sent to the teachers and they will do a roll-call prior to class.
Workshops are NON-REFUNDABLE, so please be kind to other students that might be interested and make sure you can attend!
- ALL WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, so please make sure you can ATTEND! Workshops are RAIN OR SHINE!
- Send any questions to thehomestead @ homesteadersofamerica.com
- Please note that by purchasing tickets you are waiving all liability rights. Homesteaders of America LLC and Homesteaders of America Virginia LLC are not responsible for any liabilities or injuries that may occur during these workshops, on or off-site.