- Please read the full course description below before purchasing your tickets.
- ALL WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, so please make sure you can ATTEND! Workshops are RAIN OR SHINE!
- Send any questions to email@example.com
- Please note that by purchasing tickets you are waiving all liability rights. Homesteaders of America LLC and Homesteaders of America Virginia LLC are not responsible for any liabilities or injuries that may occur during these workshops, on or off-site.
Raising Meat Rabbits + Hands-on Butchering
with Jeremy Chambers
During the class, the instructor will walk you through many aspects of raising rabbits, the steps of rabbit processing, parting out, and even preparing two rabbit based dishes with you.
Each participant /couple will walk away with the knowledge of selecting breeding stock, building or acquiring proper housing, preparing for breeding, rabbit care, processing and rabbit anatomy, and confidence to prepare a dish. Physical takeaways include a small recipe booklet, a rabbit packaged and ready to cook, and a quality small game processing knife.
The morning session will consist of a discussion on raising rabbits on a homestead, a processing class, a lesson on parting out a rabbit, and preparing two rabbit-based dishes. The afternoon session will consist of each participant/couple processing their own rabbit under the supervision of the instructor, packaging it to take home, and sampling the dishes during a Q&A session.
Max Students per class: 20 (individuals or couples)
Location: Warren County Farigrounds
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2024
9 AM- 4 PM with a 1/2 hour lunch
Students will receive:
- a small recipe booklet
- a rabbit packaged and ready to cook
- and a quality small game processing knife
Students should bring:
- cooler with ice
- apron and/or change of clothes
Priced individually – $155
Price for 2 individuals – $180