- Please read the full course description below before purchasing your tickets.
- ALL WORKSHOPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, so please make sure you can ATTEND! Workshops are RAIN OR SHINE!
- Send any questions to email@example.com
- Please note that by purchasing tickets you are waiving all liability rights. Homesteaders of America LLC and Homesteaders of America Virginia LLC are not responsible for any liabilities or injuries that may occur during these workshops, on or off-site.
Chicken Butchering for the Whole Family
with John Moody
Sponsored by Roots & Harvest
Do you dream of raising your own meat?
How about waking up at 7 AM, having a batch of chickens butchered by 8:30, and breakfast at 9, all done with you and your kids while singing along with music and otherwise having a great time?
The Moodys want you to not just raise your own meat, but have the whole family involved and enjoying doing it, even the final steps! So come to what may be the first-ever FAMILY butchering workshop. On our homestead, down to our six-year-old helps with freezer camp, and in this hands-on workshop, we want yours to as well.
Max Students per class: 20 families
Location: Warren County Fairgrounds
Date: Thursday, October 10, 2024 9:00 AM
Students will receive:
- 2 pasture-raised, non-GMO chickens to butcher (can eat/keep them)
- Moody family chicken butchering guides and help lists
- extra entries to win a Roots & Harvest plucker, scalder, or kill cone setup (pick up Saturday at the end of conference)
- vac-sealing chickens
Students should bring:
- sharp knives (3-4 per family)
- change of clothes if needed
- cooler or something to take butchered chickens home in
**Additional chickens are available to butcher for $22/chicken – CONTACT John by May 31st for additional chickens (up to 5/family)