Seeking Homesteading Family to Share Farm and help with vacation rental
Dear Hopeful Homesteaders!
We own a 26-acre farm (10 acres paddocks; 13 acres woods; 3 acres home and barn) in Leesburg, Virginia from which we were unfortunately wrested due to husband's job transfer. To pay the mortgage, we rent the upstairs on popular peer to peer booking sites. We have a 700 sq ft 1 BR / 1BT apartment in the basement which we are looking to rent (see details below). In the future, we plan on adding a 1500+ sq ft home to the property. But until that time, a family would need to be able to fit in the apartment!
The arrangement below does not include the land and we would need to discuss that in detail.
If we may be a good fit for you, we look forward to talking to you about the possibilities!
BASEMENT APARTMENT ON FARM IN LEESBURG WITH A FEW PAID RESPONSIBILITIES
AVAILABLE JULY 17, 2021 ***
* Apartment will be rehabbed in early July 2021: gray carpet and gray paint with white trim
* Tenants have certain compensated responsibilities at $20 per hour for about 5 to 20 hours per month;
* 700 sq ft one bedroom / one bath basement apartment on farm. It can also be set up as a two bedroom; the living room becomes 2nd bedroom with a small common areas (as the pictures show).
* Apartment and Grounds Pics: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3-s_Q4JBo5MN2otOEtPOF96RDQ
* We rent the first and second floors of the farm house as a vacation rental, mostly to wedding guests. www.VRBO.com/1103636
* It may be possible to have a horse or other livestock with additional rent (to be discussed). The tenant would need to do a lot of the readying him/herself.
* Zip code in Leesburg (really Ashburn or Brambleton), 7 miles SOUTH of the Town of Leesburg and 3 miles from Brambleton Town Center; close to Sterling border; Exit 3: Shreve Mills Road on Route 267/Toll Road
* ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE NEAR ANY METRO STATIONS OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, but perfect for anywhere on the Toll Road (Route 267), Route 28, Route 7, and for Leesburg, Ashburn, Chantilly, South Riding Sterling, Dulles, Reston, and Herndon; 20 minutes from Middleburg
* Laundry shared with upstairs
* Credit check and background check (recovering credit with good explanation acceptable)
* Can lend some furniture if needed
* Cats ok
* Dogs can be considered upon temperament test (dominant breeds unlikely); however, please know that we have had issues with dogs and guests in the past so we would need to meet the dog and discuss options in the event of dog misbehavior.
Rent: $1200 per month
Utilities: around $360 (includes: renters insurance, FIOS internet, Hulu, LoCast TV, Disney+, oil, e-, well/septic, trash, and Netflix; Amazon Prime is free)
Security Deposit: $1560
Lease Length: 12-MONTH LEASES ONLY; Multiple year leases welcome and preferred.
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO SMOKING OR VAPING ANYTHING ANYWHERE ON THE ENTIRE 26 ACRES. THERE IS NO CONVENIENT PLACE TO SMOKE OFF-SITE. ***