RSS
Jena Howland
(@jelah777)
@schichomestead Bama in the house!
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2020 8:26 pm
Jena Howland
(@jelah777)

New to homesteading here in Odenville Alabama. So far we have a small garden and chickens. Next we will do bees. Goals include a market farm for veggies, honey, eggs, flowers and bedding plants. So happy to meet ya'll.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2020 8:35 pm
Alexandra1963
(@alexandra1963)

Hi, my name is Alice. At 56, I started with 6 chicks. I moved back to WV in 2018 because of my aging parents. There is an old property next door but most of the yard is hilly so this will not be my forever home.  I now have 17 chickens, two ducks, 3 quail, mealworms and my faithful 2 dogs. I want 2 goats.  I am an elder orphan... you know ... divorced, kids grown and in another state so I need to handle things myself at least mostly which means small scale homestead. Still working full time but can’t wait til I am not. 😀 

Alexandra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 8:52 pm
herm0016
(@herm0016)

Hello, we have about an acre in northern Colorado. we have a 10x12 greenhouse put up this year, and about 3200 sqf of garden space that keeps expanding. we have to eat aprox. 1 squash a week for 8 months, including 10 lb eating pumkins, have gallons of tomato sauce and other things in the cellar.  we have layers and a rooster, we plan on adding rabbits and turkeys soon.  2 heelers and a pyr / anatolian that lives to protect the flock from the hawks, foxes etc. Our neighbors think we are adorable.  Hopefully the forum here keeps expanding. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2020 10:30 am
Jason King
(@jasonking)

Hello, I'm Jason.

Living in France. About to buy a three hectare property, with the intention of planting an orchard, raising ducks for eggs and meat, and generally growing our own food.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2020 2:57 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: