Page 2 / 2
Jena Howland
(@jelah777)
@schichomestead Bama in the house!
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2020 8:26 pm
Jena Howland
(@jelah777)

New to homesteading here in Odenville Alabama. So far we have a small garden and chickens. Next we will do bees. Goals include a market farm for veggies, honey, eggs, flowers and bedding plants. So happy to meet ya'll.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/10/2020 8:35 pm
SaraE liked
Alexandra1963
(@alexandra1963)

Hi, my name is Alice. At 56, I started with 6 chicks. I moved back to WV in 2018 because of my aging parents. There is an old property next door but most of the yard is hilly so this will not be my forever home.  I now have 17 chickens, two ducks, 3 quail, mealworms and my faithful 2 dogs. I want 2 goats.  I am an elder orphan... you know ... divorced, kids grown and in another state so I need to handle things myself at least mostly which means small scale homestead. Still working full time but can’t wait til I am not. ? 

Alexandra

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/10/2020 8:52 pm
herm0016
(@herm0016)

Hello, we have about an acre in northern Colorado. we have a 10x12 greenhouse put up this year, and about 3200 sqf of garden space that keeps expanding. we have to eat aprox. 1 squash a week for 8 months, including 10 lb eating pumkins, have gallons of tomato sauce and other things in the cellar.  we have layers and a rooster, we plan on adding rabbits and turkeys soon.  2 heelers and a pyr / anatolian that lives to protect the flock from the hawks, foxes etc. Our neighbors think we are adorable.  Hopefully the forum here keeps expanding. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/10/2020 10:30 am
Jason King
(@jasonking)

Hello, I'm Jason.

Living in France. About to buy a three hectare property, with the intention of planting an orchard, raising ducks for eggs and meat, and generally growing our own food.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2020 2:57 pm
SaraE liked
Amy K. Fewell
(@amy-k-fewell)
HOA Founder and Admin Admin

Welcome everyone! Please share share share about this forum as we begin to grow!

Founder of Homesteaders of America • Herbalist, Author, Youtuber, Podcaster, and Homestead Mama at The Fewell Homestead • Lover of Simple Things

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/11/2020 10:11 am
SaraE liked
Chickendaddie
(@chickendaddie)

Hey y'all, I'm Thomas. My wife and I have 4 kids and are living on an acre in Tennessee just west of Clarksville. Currently working my "in town" job as a maintenance technician for apartments but have started raising chickens for meat and eggs, also got a pig this fall to butcher in the spring.

I have plans to get more land and market farm meat and anything else I can do to pay the bills and work from home. In the next couple years. We homeschool our 4 children ages 9-4 months and had a decent sized garden this last summer as well. Trying to provide for ourselves and eventually our community. 

I grew up around some homesteaders but never actual market farming so that will be a learning curve. I look forward to all the knowledge that will be shared here and the support of this community!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2020 10:24 am
SaraE liked
GoodOld KJ
(@goodold-kj)

Hey everyone I'm KJ. I'm from the mountains of central PA. I homestead on 78 acres here on our family property. I come from a long line of farmers and I'm proud to continue that tradition. I only began a few years ago in Earnest to grow our Homestead. Looking forward to talking with you all!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/11/2020 12:23 pm
SaraE liked
InHarmonyAcres
(@inharmonyacres)

Hello!  We are newbie homesteaders, so much so that we don't actually have land...yet!  We have been homesteading as much as we could in the city, and have just sold our home so we can move to the beautiful mountains of Eastern Tennessee!  We are so excited to find our property and get building!  We are interested in off grid living, tiny homes, permaculture, herbalism, and community, community, community! 

We are so excited to be new members of HOA!  I have been hearing about ya'll for a couple years from some awesome YouTube homesteaders, and we are so happy to finally be starting this journey!  Would love to connect with anyone offering advice for starting out and finding our property (especially the best counties in Eastern TN for unrestricted building) - as well as anyone with a short term rental or land to park our RV while we search for a property!

Can't wait to connect with everyone!
-Stephanie, Dustin & Arlo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2020 12:22 pm
SaraE liked
PGrine
(@pgrine)

Hi everyone!! Pam here!! My husband, 14 yr old daughter and I live on 5 acres in northwest Ohio. My husband raises Northern Bobwhite Quail and I have my buff Orpington. We have 2 older daughters not living at home and 2 grandchildren. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2021 10:53 pm
SaraE
(@sarae)

Hi all! My husband and I, plus our 4 kids, are in Northern KY on 1/3 acre in the burbs. We are raising 18 laying hens on a neighboring farms property and we have a veggie/fruit garden as well. We hope to move to more acreage at some point but life seems pretty unpredictable right now so we are trying to grow where we are as much as we can. Hoping to start raising meat rabbits this year, to harvest some of our layer hens this spring and expand our garden to cover 1/3 of our backyard. Excited to be here & have this as a resource!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2021 2:16 am
Dana Squires
(@denices)

Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /srv/users/homesteadersofamerica/apps/homesteadersofamerica/public/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3402

Hello! 🙂 

My name is Dana Squires but I prefer to go by Denice but Dana is okay too. My husband, Milton, and I are so excited to find out about this community.  We have been homesteading for over 15 years but a lot of it is things we just grew up doing because we both come from rural areas and in farming families. We currently live in an apartment in Central Texas and looking for land since I can remote to work now, which I hope it will stay that way. I currently sell jams & jellies at the local farmer’s market and have my own little garden on my patio. We are looking forward to moving out into the county and growing and raising our own food. We hope to learn as much as we can and to meet like-minded people. Attaching a photo of my little garden that has kept me sane working from home because I love it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/03/2021 1:10 pm
RonaldLarry7890
(@ronaldlarry7890)

Hi all, my name is Ronald and I'm a general writer. I would be very happy to meet you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/11/2021 8:12 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: