Notifications
Clear all

Why you should harvest weeds too.

marjorywildcraft
(@thegrownetwork)

Throughout this last week, I was thinking about the good times I had last summer...

Meeting up with my friends all over the mountains, foraging and wildcrafting.

2020 didn't hurt me too bad because I knew what weeds to eat LOL

Last summer, I hiked parts of Colorado with my gluten-sensitive assistant. Lol made her keep a lookout for cattail. Then before our hiking adventures were over, I made her a yummy gluten-free pie. Nature is literally the gift that keeps on giving. Let me know if I should share my cattail pie recipe.

I've seen advertisements for dandelion root tea, mullein leaf, and horsetail recently. Many people have claimed that just these few weeds are good for your liver, kidney, lung, and overall health. Maybe we should change our feelings about weeds, huh?

I joined my friend, Dr. Patrick Jones, Veterinarian and Naturopath at HomeGrownHerbalist.net, to explain the pros and cons of cultivating weeds on your property in your garden. He had a few wise words to share.

Using your weeds for food and medicine will save you tons of money in healthcare costs and herbicides. This is another way you can protect your soil and keep things organic. 

What weeds did your parents and grandparents despise the most that actually turned out to be a good thing?

I'll go first: dandelions.

This topic was modified 6 months ago 2 times by marjorywildcraft
Topic starter Posted : 27/04/2021 12:50 pm
Share: