The Homesteaders of America conference is an self-sustainable conference of homesteading education and support for homesteaders across the United States and beyond! And we’re back at it in 2018 with our annual conference.
This year we’re hosting a TWO DAY event, with a pre-event day of workshops, at a NEW VENUE in Front Royal, VA.
Learn homesteading skills from real people…in real life.
Homesteaders of America Conference
October 12 & 13, 2018
Warren County Fairgrounds
26 Fairground Rd
Front Royal, VA 22630
Gates open at 7:45 am
* schedule coming soon *
**CHILDREN 17 & UNDER ARE FREE!!**
One Day Pass
Two Day Pass
(2) Two Day Passes
Friday & Saturday
Our conference is the most popular and biggest event for us during the year. This is where attendees get to come together with like-minded individuals, many of which they already connect with online on a regular basis.
KIDsteaders get to meet other kids and pen pals that they’ve connected with over the past year. And they get to experience fun activities and demos on site!
Adults and parents get to enjoy a family friendly atmosphere and learn from professional and experienced teachers, authors, and lecturers like Joel Salatin, Eustace Conway, Stacy Lyn Harris, Off Grid with Doug and Stacy, and more!
Each day hosts several different speakers to learn from. There are multiple breaks throughout the day where you can enjoy demonstrations, mingle with homesteading vendors, visit with your favorite speakers, and even grab a snack or lunch (on-site)! We also allow 15 minutes in-between speakers so that you can get to your next class or take a few minutes to enjoy our vendors.
CURRENT SPEAKER LINEUP:
- JOEL SALATIN— Topic: TBD
Polyface Farm, author, and farmer.
- JUSTIN & REBEKAH RHODES— FRIDAY: Intro To Permaculture; SATURDAY: The Great American Farm Tour
- EUSTACE CONWAY— Topic: TBD
Turtle Island Preserve, Off Grid Homestead, and from the hit TV series, Mountain Men.
- STACY LYN HARRIS— Hunting as a Sustainable Meat Source
Author, RFD-TV Co-host, TV-chef, and homesteading wife and mama.
- AMY FEWELL— Topic: TBD
Founder of Homesteaders of America, author, herbalist, and homesteading wife and mama.
- DARRYL PATTON— Herbalism on the Homestead + Wild Foraging Nature Walks
The Southern Herbalist, Master Herbalist, Wild Forager
- OFF GRID with DOUG and STACY— Topic: TBD
Off-grid youtubers and homesteaders
- MIGARDENER— How to Set Up an “auto-pilot” garden
- SHAWN & BETH DOUGHERTY— Feeding the Farm from the Farm
Authors of, The Independent Farmstead
- PRATT FAMILY HOMESTEAD + KIDS!—Homesteading with Kids + Kidsteaders! Hear the Pratt kids talk about life on the homestead
Homesteading YouTube family
- GINA PHELPS— Fermenting Foods on the HomesteadCertified Healing Food Specialist
- ANN ACCETTA-SCOTT— Food Preservation, Canning, and more!
blogger at A Farm Girl in the Making, author, and homesteading wife and mama.
- JANET GARMAN— Dying Wool Naturally
Timber Creek Farm, author, wool enthusiast.
- JEREMY CHAMBERS— Raising and Butchering Meat Rabbits
Independence Acres Homestead
- TOMMY ALDERMAN— Dealing with Trauma on the Homestead (and in life)
- PATTI ALDERMAN— “Making Bread with Bread” — Basic bread baking and how to make money doing it!Alderman Farms
- JASON REHR— Homestead Predators & Trapping
Big Bear Homestead
- JOSHUA LANGFITT— Blacksmithing
JJL Forge, Blacksmith at Historic Smithfield Plantation
- DANA SULLIVAN— Spinning Wool, The Sullivan Family Homestead
- CONNIE MEYER— Cheesemaking— Urban Overalls, blogger, and homesteader!
- WESTON A. PRICE FOUNDATION— Topic: TDB
- BRETT BUTLER– Tipi demonstration
- SUZANNE DEARDOFF— Soap Making— Georgia’s Soap Box, natural health enthusiast.
The 2018 Homesteaders of America Conference is bringing you a brand new level of “hands-on” learning experiences. In 2017, we heard from a lot of our attendees loud and clear, and their biggest request was to offer special workshops where they could actually “do” what the teacher was showing or talking about. This year, we’re doing exactly that!
* Please note that these workshops are separate from conference tickets. You will need to purchase conference tickets separately.
Choose from these hands-on workshops:
• Hand Hewn Farm—
Dry Curing Meat at Home
• Gina Phelps—
Ferments Make and Take Class
• JJL Forge (Joshua Langfitt)—
Blacksmithing Basics 101
• Independence Acres Homestead (Jeremy Chambers)—
Meat Rabbits: From Hutch to Plate
• A Farm Girl in the Making (Ann Accetta-Scott)—
Water Bath and Pressure Canning
• Janet Garman & Dana Sullivan—
Spinning & Dying Homestead Yarn